Outcomes of Care
Outcomes are a necessary indication of the quality of care provided, and they are increasingly public via websites such as www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov.
- Winning #1 for a second year: the Best Place to Work in Texas Award
- Achieved Patient Experience Award 5th year (2012-2016) from Healthgrades
- Achieved Women’s Choice Award as 1 of 100 best nationally for patient experience
- Recognized for Excellence in Patient and Employee Satisfaction by Press Ganey
- Growth in admissions, visits & transfers to UMC: You are growing the UMC brand!
- Baby Friendly Designation (1st time)
- Accredited Center for Bariatrics (1st time)
- Certified VAD facility (ventricular assist device) & Primary Stroke Center
- Regional Burn Center Re-Verification
- Pediatric Level II Trauma Center Survey (and forthcoming verification)
- Clinical Lab: CAP, CLIA & AABB Certifications
- I.T. achieved Most Wired again in 2016
- Nursing – Pathway Designated again (and Magnet application submitted)
- EMS ranked in the top quartile of ambulance services nationally
- House-wide successes through Waste Walk and Lean Daily Management
Healthgrades: rates UMC as Five-Star (its highest rating) for:
- Outstanding Patient Experience
- Cholecystectomy (gall bladder surgery)
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gynecologic Surgery
US News and World Report selected UMC as the Best Regional Hospital in Texas for the Panhandle Plains Region. There are just over 600 hospitals in Texas; US News and World Report ranked UMC #14 among all ranked hospitals.
Best Companies to Work for in Texas: Ranked #1 among large employers by the Best Companies Group.
Women’s Choice Award – America’s 100 Best Hospital for Patient Experience: Ranked among the best nationally by women consumers who report to WomenCertified.
Most Wired: Health Care’s Most Wired acknowledged UMC as having a higher level of technology adoption, geared toward improved patient care and safety.
Pathway to Excellence: Earned by UMC from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. It indicates a strong commitment to nursing competence, development and satisfaction. It also paves the way for UMC’s next journey – to earn
These improvements indicate better quality for our patients, a better workplace for our staff and physicians, and a financially stronger health system. At UMC, Service is our Passion and Safety is our Priority.