Employee satisfaction is important, your satisfaction is important. Every success we have is dependent upon the great staff of UMC. Our goal of 95th percentile means we hold this to be true: We can't truly satisfy patients and physicians, without first satisfying our valued staff.
Fortunately, employee satisfaction has ranked UMC in the top 10% for each of the last five years. But it shall not be taken for granted. Your feedback is desired and appreciated, now more than ever. Thank you in advance for completing a survey! Here is a brief list of improvements made since our last survey:
- Sharing Success paid incentive dollars to employees based on some terrific financial and service/quality results, along with rewards for loyal tenure.
- Last year, nighttime staff asked for additional options in the UMC Cafeteria. A survey was conducted for nighttime staff only and requested changes were made:
- Extended hours of the salad bar
- Extended hours of the pizza bar
- Opened deli counter from 6pm to 11pm
- Security coverage was expanded to cover each of our main entrances Р this was done in response to staff concerns
- Space is at a premium and several departments including Social Services, Nursing Recruitment and 4E gained additional space, along with of course, the opening of the East Tower
- UMC Wellness was expanded to provide additional services and education
- "UMC INCLUDES ME" is our inclusive culture initiative; in 2012 we had a great Inclusive Culture Fair and a new website
- Leadership training (Level 5, Pathways, New Leader) was deepened to help all leaders do their best
- While on disability benefits, staff will now be reimbursed for child care up to $250/mo
Additionally, several goals were made throughout 2012:
- UMC hit the top 10% nationally for inpatient satisfaction, earning the "Outstanding Patient Experience" Award by Healthgrades.
- Hospital acquired conditions (things that should not happen, i.e., level 3/4 pressure ulcers, injuries from falls, etc.) reduced 46% from 2011 to 2012!
- Net patient revenue (cash collected) increased 6.1% and we came in under budget
- UMC achieved an "excellent" rating for lower hospital acquired infections
- Re-verification as a Level 1 Trauma Center and re-certification as a Stroke Center
- Rapid Response Team saw further success re: reduction in codes outside the ICU
Please don't miss this opportunity to help us build our future. While some facilities across the country are challenged with cutbacks or high turnover, we are blessed with positive results and a bright future. Here's to a great 2013.