Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has named UMC Home Health a 4-Star agency! For patients, it means they are receiving excellent care, and for employees it means they are providing excellent care.
In addition to being a 4 (out of 5) star agency, UMC Home Health is one of only two agencies in the area to be “green” across all seven measures. These are:
- Star Rating
- How often patients got better at walking/moving around
- How often patients had less pain when moving around
- How often patients had to be admitted to the hospital
- How often patients had ER visits without hospital admission (best score in the area)
- Home health care began in a timely manner
- Patients got better at taking medication by mouth
In some of these areas, UMC Home Health even scored higher than the Texas average! For how often patients had to be admitted to the hospital, UMC Home Health achieved this 12.3 percent of the time, while the Texas average is 15.1 percent. For patients got better at taking medications by mouth, UMC Home Health achieved this 79.8 percent of the time, while the Texas average is 60 percent. Way to go team!
“This team is doing outstanding work with our patients,” said John Lowe, Director of UMC Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. “They are achieving great outcomes and being more efficient than our competition. And it’s all accomplished as a team.”
This truly is a team effort as it wouldn’t be possible without each person doing their part from physical, occupational and speech therapists to nurses and home care aides. We are proud of your care.