- UMC and Texas Tech University partner to bring the region a behavioral health clinic specifically for pediatric patients and their families
- The primary focus of the clinic is to support children, adolescents and their families during and following medical treatment.
UMC and Texas Tech University partner to bring the children of our region a special facet of care. The Children’s Behavioral Health Clinic offers an innovative approach for providing affordable, high quality therapeutic services to children, adolescents and their families.
The primary focus of the clinic is to support children, adolescents, and families during and following medical treatment. It is also home to a revolutionary treatment and research project designed to prevent PTSD and support recovery in children and adolescents by helping families address challenges related to medical trauma.
“This is a brand new initiative to bring multiple services together under one roof; services that offer hope for children and their families,” said Brian Payne, M.D., Chief Medical Officer of UMC Children’s Hospital. “This type of clinic is not often done in conjunction with a children’s hospital. Frequently it’s difficult to collaborate in a way we are looking to, but with Texas Tech’s help, we will be able to provide many therapeutic services to the children of our region, and their families.”
Services provided at The Children’s Behavioral Health Clinic:
- Psychoeducation related to medical trauma
- Trauma-related assessment
- Support Groups
- Coping with acute and chronic medical issues
- Management of depression and/or anxiety
- Dealing with physical and emotional trauma
- Grief and loss
- Family violence and much more
The clinic will also offer individual, couple and family therapy on site, in addition to tele-therapy for those living outside of the greater Lubbock area.
Who: UMC Health System
What: The Children’s Behavioral Health Clinic Grand Opening
When: Monday, July 22, 2019 12PM-3PM
Where: UMC Medical Office Plaza I, 3502 9th St Suite 250
UMC Health System has developed a strong and enduring culture, adhering to the motto Service is Our Passion, our ‘why.’ This sustains UMC as the employer of choice—consistently ranking among the best places to work in Texas by the Best Companies Group – and the provider of choice – ranking among the top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation for patient experience by HealthGrades.