During this crisis in particular, we want to recognize and extend our heartfelt gratitude to you for your flexibility, bravery, compassion and dedication. Each and every one of you are #umcheroes! You have amazed us with your ability to take on new tasks and a new temporary norm.
Because UMC is blessed with an army of employees providing hope and healing, we have accomplished much in this time, and we know we will be able to add much to this list when this crisis is over. YOU have made all of this and more possible:
- The region’s first UMC COVID-19 Drive Through Screening Clinic. This would not have been possible without you and UMC Physicians employees. As of the beginning of April, 4,000 cars came through and over 1,700 outpatients tested – leading the charge in Lubbock.
- Another first: UMC COVID-19 Call Center (located in Urgent Care Center at UMC) is responding, informing, and helping many through anxious times…over 3,400 calls at the beginning of April – again, leading the charge.
- UMC Childcare Program at Miller Elementary officially began March 30, with 50 kids enrolled. We partnered with LubbockISD to make sure our employees and their children are taken care of during this time. And this was all made possible through funds from UMC’s 30-Minute Club and redeployed nurses and staff, TTUHSC medical students and LISD Teaching Assistants. Check out the UMC Childcare Testimonial (a couple articles down from this one) and watch the video: vimeo.com/402732348
In addition, we received a major outpouring of support from our community: from donations of food/refreshments to PPE and more. And on 4/21, the Hope Lodge opened its doors to provide alternative housing for frontline employees and providers. If you are an employee in need of alternative housing click here.
We have also seen the many ways you have supported each other. In spite of it all, you have continued to keep the UMC family strong! Thank you, you truly are all #umcheroes.
* If you, or anyone you know, want to donate to our heroes contact:
- Greg Roberts, 806.761.0823 - supplies/PPE,
- Susan Carter, 806.775.8858 - food donations
- Britt Pharris, 806.775.8285 - monetary contributions.