For two weeks out of this spring semester, students from 28 schools in and around the Lubbock area participated in the ‘Miracle Pennies Campaign’ benefitting UMC Children’s Hospital through Children’s Miracle Network. Students were asked to bring their spare change to participate in dress-up days, student vs. teacher basketball and dodgeball games, kiss the pig contests and more.
The following was raised at each participating school.
- Amherst High School $1,512.09
- Coahoma ISD $7,704.25
- Coronado High School $916.69
- Frenship Heritage Middle School $857.14
- Frenship High School $1,169.50
- Frenship Middle School $435.10
- Frenship Oak Ridge Elementary $552.43
- Frenship 9th Grade Center $4,017.33
- Idalou Elementary School $2,596.78
- Idalou Middle School $271.45
- Lamesa High School $684.48
- Levelland High School $2,035.44
- Lubbock-Cooper High School $916.69
- Lubbock-Cooper Middle School $142.00
- Lubbock-Cooper Laura Bush Middle School $2,000.00
- Monterey High School $1,439.00
- Ropesville Elementary $292.77
- Ropesville Secondary School $246.61
- Shallowater Elementary School $1,503.91
- Shallowater High School $500.00
- Shallowater Intermediate School $2,394.46
- Shallowater Middle School $500.00
- Slaton Cathelene Thomas Elementary $925.44
- Slaton Jr. High School $860.00
These participating schools raised a total of $34,473.56 for the kids in our area being treated at UMC Children’s Hospital.
UMC has been a partner of Children’s Miracle Network for over 37 years, helping kids of the West Texas and Eastern New Mexico area have access to the latest medical equipment and services. Learn more about UMC Children’s Hospital’s partnership with CMN, or about how you can give here.
About UMC Health System
UMC Health System is comprised of over 4,600 team members who have made our organization “One of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas®” by Texas Monthly. Together with medical staff, volunteers, and leadership, we share a strong commitment to our patients—Our Passion is You! Why choose UMC? Because we are teaching the leaders of tomorrow while offering a culture of service today.