UMC Team Rehab Center is an outpatient facility that specializes in orthopedic, sports medicine, neurological, vestibular, and pediatric assessment and treatment. Our clinic includes multi-disciplinary
treatment gyms, private treatment rooms, and equipment to promote the development of independence in home, school, work environment, and return to sport. Our comprehensive team of professionals includes occupational therapists, physical therapists, and
speech-language pathologists who utilize a functional hands-on approach.
Promote independence by targeting functional movement, strength and coordination, in order to meet the demands faced within their everyday habits, roles and routines.
Facilitate movement, strength, balance, endurance, coordination, and address dizziness, and pain. Our focus is gaining independence with overall mobility and fall reduction.
Restore communication, feeding and swallowing function, articulation and language, and thinking skills (i.e., attention, memory, problem-solving, and reasoning).
We treat a variety of diagnoses including but not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Brain injury
- Developmental delays
- Pediatric neurological disorders (e.g. Cerebral palsy, Spina bifida)
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Speech and language disorders
- Feeding and swallowing disorders
- Cleft palate and velopharyngeal insufficiency
- Tethered oral tissue
- Sensory processing disorder
- Torticollis and plagiocephaly
- Preoperative and postoperative patients
- Upper and lower extremity afflictions
- Cervical, thoracic and lumbar afflictions
- Occupational injuries
- Dizziness and vertigo
- General balance impairments
- Post amputation and prosthetic training
Our therapists are trained in or certified in the following specialties:
- LSVT® BIG and PWR!Moves® Treatment for Parkinson's
- VitalStim® -- Pediatric and Adult
- Neuro Developmental (NDT)
- Handwriting Without Tears®
- Saebo Clinical Support Representative
- Sensory Integration & Praxis
- Bioness Assessment
- Certified Competency in Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Therapeutic Brushing
- Feeding Specialist
- Strengthening and range of motion
- Manual therapy
- Core conditioning
- Functional rehabilitation
- Alter G Treadmill
- Dry Needling
Team Rehab Sports Medicine
- Pre-participation physical evaluations
- Practice, game and event coverage
- Assistance in injury prevention and treatment
Equipment using NASA Differential Air Pressure technology to recover mobility, improve wellness, and enhance physical performance.
Specialized electrical stimulation approach for activation of the muscles used in swallowing
Equipment to aide in motor recovery of the hand and arm
LiteGait® and Solo-Step®
Fall prevention equipment to ensure maximal safety during gait and mobility activities in clinic
Heated therapeutic swimming pool
Offered in collaboration with Southwest Aqua Sports
UMC Team Rehab Center is located at 7105 Kewanee Ave.
Please call us at 806.775.9275 with any questions.