The Southwest Cancer Center is equipped with the latest state-of-the-art technology. It is the only cancer center in this region with the capability to do cone-beam CT (for 3-dimensional matching of planning CT and Treatment CT with millimeter accuracy), 4-D Simulation (for precise tumor mapping) and Respiratory Gating. We also have in-house PET/CT simulation, and we are housed in the same building with Medical Oncology. This allows both Medical Oncologists and Radiation Oncologists to confer face to face and discuss your personal care.
At the Southwest Cancer Center, we believe in a patient’s empowerment, and we also want you and your loved ones to be a part of the decision making process for your treatments. We want you to get the best treatment possible.
Our promise to you is we will deliver cancer treatment that is second to none. We hold ourselves to this standard each and every day in hopes of improving our patients' treatment outcomes.
We offer a wide range of services and treatments including:
External Beam Radiation Therapy services:
- IGRT (Image Guided Radiation Therapy) utilizes both Cone-Beam CT and KV images
- IMRT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy) using 120 Multi-leaf Collimator and Micro-Multi-Leaf Collimator
- 4-D Simulation for precise tumor mapping
- SRS (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- SBRT (Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy)
- Respiratory Gating
- 3D-CRT (Three-Dimensional Conformal Radiation Therapy)
- TBI (Total Body Irradiation)
Common HDR (High Dose-Rate Brachy Therapy) procedures offered here:
- MammoSite 5-Day Targeted Radiation Therapy
- Prostate HDR
- Tandem and Ovoid application (for Cervical Cancer)
- Cylinder (for Endometrial Cancer)
- Esophageal HDR
- Bronchial HDR