While a patient was cooking in her kitchen, a varicose vein suddenly burst in her leg, causing immense bleeding. Worried about the loss of blood, she dialed 911 and asked for help, and the dispatcher carefully talked her through what to do until the paramedics arrived. Logan and the EMS team expertly triaged the patient and stopped the bleeding, but they knew more could be done to make her feel better. Logan spent extra time mopping the patient’s kitchen floor, removing the evidence of the injury and offering her comfort through an otherwise difficult situation.
Employee of the Month | May 2023