Our gastroenterology specialists treat people with diseases and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines (colon), pancreas and liver. We also provide expert nutritional information to help treat various symptoms you may be experiencing. We provide some of the best care not only in Lubbock, but in the region.
Additionally, UMC now offers advanced technology and diagnostic procedures at two convenient locations: The main UMC campus and now in Southwest Lubbock. The UMC Endoscopy Center and UMC GI & Outpatient Services give you the access you need to receive highly skilled care closer to home.
What’s in it for you?
- Adult and pediatric gastroenterology
- Fellowship-trained physicians
- Certified gastroenterology nurses
- On-site anesthesiologist
- Care for all ages: neonatal through adult
- After-hours and weekend on-call support
- Interventional pulmonology
- Pain intervention
- Colon cancer screenings
Gastroenterology Programs and Services
- Upper GI (EGD)
- Liver diseases-including hepatitis treatment
- Disorders of the pancreas
- Problems swallowing (dysphagia)
- Placement of PEG tubes (inserted into stomach)
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Celiac disease
- Colon polyps
- Diverticular disease
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hemorrhoid banding
- H. Pylori
- Peptic ulcers
Ask your Primary Care Provider for a referral, or we can help you establish care at 806.761.0747.