The UMC Foundation serves as a symbol of sustained leadership and vision for the continued medical excellence of UMC Health System. Through philanthropy, the UMC Foundation plays a critical role in providing the vital funding needed to deliver true state-of-the-art healthcare to all the families of West Texas and Eastern New Mexico.
Founded in 1982, the UMC Foundation is a charitable 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, through which all gifts benefit the UMC Health System.
Your investment in UMC today means the Health System can continue to provide the best possible care for each and every patient who needs us. Every gift makes a difference, and your support helps to provide the most comprehensive healthcare to all.
The Foundation’s staff of fundraising professionals is committed to being responsible stewards of your generosity. Please feel free to contact us at any time.
In joining the Legacy Society, your philanthropic commitments of today can make a significant impact on the future generations served.
Securing the Future
You can depend on the UMC Health System to continue our commitment to deliver the finest health care to the entire West Texas and Eastern New Mexico region. As a true reflection of that promise, the Legacy Society recognizes those who embrace the mission and work of the UMC Health System by naming the health system as a beneficiary in their personal financial and estate plans.
Objectives of the Society
- To provide widespread understanding of UMC Health System’s mission, purpose, accomplishments and needs
- To pledge ourselves and our resources in support of UMC’s continuation of excellence in healthcare for our region
- To develop the Society as a symbol of sustained leadership, and support for UMC’s mission to be the best teaching hospital in the country
By joining the Legacy Society, the UMC Foundation stands ready to help you meet your unique financial needs by:
- Providing gift plans that benefit you and your family
- Bringing immediate and deferred tax advantages to both you and your heirs
- Having a meaningful impact on the UMC Health System, beyond your own lifetime and far into the future
Membership is provided to all who demonstrate a planned gift commitment to the UMC Health System Foundation exceeding $10,000 or more.
In addition, Caduceus Society designation is provided to all Physicians. The Caduceus Society enables our excellent physicians the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy for future generations of physicians and the patients they serve.
- All Legacy and Caduceus Society members will be given full donor recognition in accordance with the Gift Acceptance Policies of the Foundation
- All members will be recognized in the main UMC Lobby on the Legacy/Caduceus Society Recognition Wall
- Recognition of Legacy Gifts within specific areas of UMC and /or the UMC Health System will be granted in accordance with the Foundation Gift Acceptance Policies, Stewardship Standards and naming /donor recognition opportunities
- Members will work with the Foundation Staff to select the recognition area most appropriate to the Center of Excellence they support with their gift
The UMC Health System Foundation gratefully accepts major and deferred gifts to support the ongoing medical excellence of the UMC Health System.
The Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) registered non-profit organization, making all gifts tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. All funds raised through the Foundation are applied completely for the intent for which they were donated. No funds raised are used for any administrative or operational expenses of the Foundation.
For further information regarding your legacy commitment to the UMC Health System, please contact the Foundation office with the information listed below.
Thank you for your commitment to UMC.
602 Indiana Avenue
Lubbock, TX 79415
P.O. Box 5980
Lubbock, TX 79408