We are here for YOU!
We are here to provide compassionate spiritual care to the whole person: body, mind, and spirit.
Our mission is carried out by these core components:
- Our chaplains are professionally trained in the clinical environment to facilitate spiritual care that respects each person’s core values and beliefs.
- We are here to provide an atmosphere of caring concern that seeks to integrate presence, listening, and counsel with the purpose of nurturing one’s hope.
- We have a chaplain on call 24/7 to assist with spiritual care needs.
- An in-house chapel is available for prayer and solitude. The chapel is located in the hospital’s lobby near the south entrance elevators.
Contacting the Chaplain:
You can also visit the Pastoral Care office located in the hospital lobby near the south elevators.
Our ministries include:
- Rounding and Crisis Care – Chaplains round daily to support our patients. We are also available for crisis situations for the patient and/or family in immediate need of our services.
- Special Chapel Services – We provide special chapel services each year for special memorials and other celebrated events.
- Blessing of the Hands – We offer this service on an annual basis to all our staff and anyone else present who would like to participate. During this weeklong event, we round through nursing units, departments, offsite locations, and clinics to anoint patients and bless their hands, offering our support and encouragement.
- NODA (No One Dies Alone) – A ministry providing support to a dying patient who has no family or friends to sit with them in their last moments of life. Our UMC and TTUHSC staff volunteer their free time to sit with the dying patient who qualifies for this special service.