Continuing Education Benefits
UMC Respiratory Therapy Department is always learning. We have two
clinical educators in the department –one specializing in
neonatal-pediatric patients and one specializing in adult patient
populations. Additionally, free CEUs are offered by our educators and
outside clinical specialists. This allows our respiratory therapists to
keep up with current best practices and new technology.
Respiratory Mentoring Program
respiratory mentoring program supplements clinical orientation by
providing a mechanism to assist the new employee as they adjust and
transition from a respiratory student to the RRT role.
in the Mentoring Program is required for all new graduates, and the
newly employed graduate will have the opportunity to select their mentor
during their orientation week. Once the mentor match has been
completed, the respiratory mentor will meet with the new employee
monthly during the first 1-7 months of employment.
*This program is considered optional for experienced therapists.
The Mentor Program provides the new employee or “mentee” the opportunity to:
- Seek advice and guidance from your mentor regarding professional development
- Continuous learning
- Share needs and goals with your mentor
- Actively listen to mentor and ask questions to clarify understanding
- Gain knowledge of various UMC programs to assist the with professional development
- Assist the new employee with integration into UMC culture by means of knowledge and social skills
- Commit to the goals, values and vision of the organization