HEADLINE NEWS: UMC Physicians takes top honors by being named # 1 in the 100 Best Companies to work for in Texas!
This year marks the 15th anniversary of the state-wide employer recognition program that awards employer groups for striving for excellence. The program is a survey competition to determine the best employers throughout the state. A joint effort by The Texas Association of Business (TAB), Texas Society of Human Resources Management and the Best Companies Group, an independent workplace excellence research firm, Texas employers can compete for annual rankings with other similarly sized companies.
UMC Physicians has been part of the Best Companies recognition for many years. We have had a steady progression towards the top position.
Thank you for being a huge part of this upward movement.
How does the survey process work?
STEP 1: Employers complete an in-depth survey, detailing company policies, practices, benefits, and demographics.
STEP 2: Randomly chosen employees were selected to complete a “how do you feel about it” survey. The questions were responded to using a scale of five points ranging from “Agree Strongly” to “Disagree Strongly.” There were seven demographic and two open-ended questions.
The anonymous surveys were returned to the Best Companies Group for assessment. After all surveys were tabulated – the results were obvious . . .
UMC Physicians is officially the “BEST PLACE TO WORK AND THE BEST PLACE TO RECEIVE HEALTHCARE.”
A tremendous amount of strategic planning, implementing of employee ideas, and commitment to creating a workplace where employees are a top priority is how we earned this 1st place reward.
What makes UMC Physicians the # 1 best place to work in Texas?
Among the many reasons that UMC Physicians is the best place to work in Texas are:
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Recognition of the individual strengths
- Commitment to the communities that we live in
- Investment in professional development opportunities
- Peer and patient nominated program to recognize staff members who go beyond expectations
- Quarterly visits by executive officers to clinics
- Monthly communication from Executive Officers
- Company-wide appreciation events
- Recognition of employee birthdays
- Employee satisfaction surveys
- Physician satisfaction surveys
- Years of service recognition