The Prevent T2 program is a CDC approved lifestyle change program that is designed to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes in people at risk. Through the 12-month course of the program, participants are encouraged to lose 5-7% of their original weight, get at least 150 minutes of physical activity each week, set goals, and learn healthy lifestyle habits.
To participate in DPP, patients would need to meet these requirements:
- 18 years or older
- A body mass index (BMI) of 25 or higher (23 or higher if Asian)
- Not pregnant
- No previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes
Patients must also meet one of these criteria:
Blood test result in the prediabetes range within the past year that includes any of these results:
- Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7–6.4%
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL
If you don’t have blood test results, you can also qualify with either of these results:
- Have a previous clinical diagnosis of gestational diabetes
- Take the CDC’s Prediabetic Test and receive a screening result of high risk for type 2 diabetes.
If you are interested in attending the Prevent T2 class, please fill out the contact form.