Our mission is carried out by these core components:
Our chaplains are professionally trained in the clinical environment to facilitate spiritual care that respects each person’s core values and beliefs.
We are here to provide an atmosphere of caring concern that seeks to integrate presence, listening, and counsel with the purpose of nurturing one’s hope.
We have a chaplain on call 24/7 to assist with any spiritual care need you may have.
An in-house chapel is available for prayer and solitude. It is located in the hospital’s lobby near the south entrance elevators.
Contacting the Chaplain:
You may contact a chaplain daily by calling 806.775.8672 during the hours of 5AM – 8PM. After hours the chaplain may be reached by calling the hospital operator at 806.775.8200.
You can also go by the Pastoral Care office located in the hospital lobby near the South elevators.
Our ministries include:
- Rounding and Crisis Care – Each of our chaplains is assigned to areas and does daily rounding in support of our patients. We are also available for crisis situations for the patient and/or family in immediate need of our services.
- Special Chapel Services – We provide special chapel services each year for special memorials and other celebrated events.
- Blessing of the Hands – We offer this service on an annual basis to all our staff and anyone else present who would like to participate. During this week long event, we wash, anoint, and bless their hands in an effort to bless
them and show them we believe in and care for them.
- NODA (No One Dies Alone) – We provide this ministry to support a dying patient who has no family or friends to sit with them in their last moments of life. Our UMC and TTUHSC staff volunteer their free time to sit with the dying
patient who qualifies for this special service.
Our volunteer chaplains are essential to the success of our Pastoral Care Department’s mission to serve the needs of our patients and their families. Each and every volunteer freely gives of their precious time and plays a vital role by providing
spiritual support to those in need. Our volunteer chaplains’ service of love for others continually raise the level of care we offer.
How to Apply
To become a volunteer chaplain at UMC Health System, please complete the online volunteer application by following this link:
UMC Volunteer Application
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive confirmation and information about the next step in the application process.
Please review the UMC Disclosure Regarding Background Investigation, then print and complete these documents,
and return to: email@example.com
- Criminal History Consent & Release Form
- Compliance & HIPPA Acknowledgement
- Tuberculosis Sign & Symptoms Questionnaire
For more information about volunteering, contact the Volunteer Services office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 806.775.8238
For questions regarding becoming a volunteer chaplain, call the Pastoral Care office at 806.775.8672 or email email@example.com
We look forward to serving alongside you.
Prayer and Visit Requests
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 806.775.8672 to submit a prayer or visit request.