UMC Pastoral Care partners with local churches and ministry associations to provide support and education for clergy members and their parishioners.
Support and Education Opportunities
- Ministry Connect – An annual opportunity for local clergy to gather in an ecumenical setting for fellowship, support, and education regarding hospital pastoral care ministry. Contact Pastoral Care for more information at 806.775.8672.
- Hospital Ministry Education Opportunities – Programs to train local church staff, hospital ministry committees, congregations, and ministry associations on effective hospital ministry that provides tools and insight to ease discomfort and apprehension when offering support and care to the sick and suffering. Other topics available include spiritual support during a crisis and ministering at the end of life. Contact the Pastoral Care Office for more information at 806.775.8672.
- Faith and Medicine Symposium – More information coming this fall.
- CISM (Critical Incident Stress Management) – When a group or individual experiences a traumatic event and needs intervention, we provide trained and credentialed team members to help those affected during stressful situations such as:
- Serious injury or unexpected death of a coworker
- Emotionally charged incidents
- Events involving children as victims
- Assault of an employee or coworker
CISM is provided for our communities of faith, civic leaders, and local businesses. To request support for your church or business, contact Larry Cothrin at 867.775.8672 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Volunteer Chaplain – Our volunteer chaplains are essential to the success of our Pastoral Care Department’s mission to serve the needs of our patients and their families. Each and every volunteer freely gives of their precious time and plays a vital role by providing spiritual support to those in need. Our volunteer chaplains’ service of love for others continually raises the level of care we offer. Visit the Volunteer Chaplain page for more information.