November 2018 Progress Notes
I’m excited to introduce the new, all-digital version of Progress Notes, our monthly newsletter. Instead of printing and mailing Progress Notes, we will email you a link to view it right here on our site. You’ll find articles about the important happenings and terrific people of UMC…all the news that makes UMC, our hospital, the No. 1 Best Place to Work in Texas. So, why the change?
- You are the consumer – and Progress Notes is now more accessible to you – wherever you are. The For Employees section is the 2nd most popular destination on our site, with 24,000 visitors over the past 30 days. And with 70% of page views coming from mobile devices, Progress Notes will be easy to read from your cell phone or tablet.
- We know you’re already enjoying it online! A majority of Hidden Logo contest entries are submitted when Progress Notes is posted to the website, days before it reaches your homes.
- An online newsletter is right in line with our strategic plan: The best use of resources (stewardship) and an opportunity to keep you informed conveniently (teamwork).
Thank you for reading Progress Notes. I hope you enjoy it. Be informed. Congratulate those awarded. And always remember Service is our Passion.
Director, UMC Marketing
A Safe Space for You, Because of You
Sharing Success Letter
2018 Lubbock Heart Walk
Waste Walk Results
Why Service is Our Passion: Trauma & Burn Services
Lab Process Improves Patient Outcomes
Answer the questions below (answers are easy if you read the articles) in an email to Danielle.Hathcoat@umchealthsystem.com, and your name will be put into a drawing for a $50 gift card. Good luck! Last month's winner was Christine Reynolds, Security Services.
- Name one of our Waste Walk Successes.
- What is the new process implemented in our Microbiology lab?
- Name two new security measures (can be underway or upcoming).
Briana Sullivan, RN
Anna Geesling, OTR
Brianne Mireles, BSN, RN
Employee of the Month
Food & Nutrition
A patient was feeling down and made a request for someone to sing to them. Victor happened to delivering a meal at the time, so he happily obliged. We appreciate the way Victor cares and goes above and beyond for patients!
Physician of the Month
Vanessa Costilla, M.D.
UMC Southwest Gastroenterology
Dr. Costilla is a great caregiver! She is great at making patients feel at ease with a side of care many are uncomfortable with.
House Staff of the Month
Daniel Brodie, MD
TTUHSC Dept. of Anesthesiology
Dr. Brodie was extremely kind and considerate when caring for my 84-year-old mother. He spent time getting to know her and her needs. He was always professional but personable, and for that we are grateful.
Advanced Practice Provider of the Quarter
Gerald Hargrave, PA
UMC Emergency Center
Gerald is an outstanding provider! He not only takes care of the patient but also their family. We couldn’t ask for better care from a provider.