UMC offers GN and GVN employment all year long per availability. However, GN internships (ICU, ER, and OR) are available three times per calendar year (January, June, and September).
GN internships (ICU, ER, and OR) positions will open in February for a June start, July for a September start, and October for a January start (see chart below). You must have your GN permit or be newly licensed as a RN (Texas or compact) before the internship starts. All other GN or GVN positions will be available all year long upon availability. If you have questions please call Nurse Recruitment at 806.775.8912.
- Application Opens
- Internship Begins
All required GN and GVN application documents must be received in the Nursing Recruitment office before you will be considered for future employment.
To apply for GN or GVN positions, these things need to be done in this order: Review GN/GVN Application Requirements Checklist
- Complete UMC Online Application at umchealthsystem.com
- Upload resume with on-line application
- Complete GN/GVN Questionnaire – this needs to be typed please for legibility
- Submit two Clinical Instructor Evaluation Forms. Each form should be completed by Nursing Faculty and placed in a sealed envelope with the Nursing Faculty’s signature across the seal.
- Submit current college transcript (Unofficial transcript must have student name, courses completed, and cumulative GPA listed)
- Submit your most recent ATI, Kaplan, or HESI Adult Medical Surgical Performance Profile Results if application
The completed (typed) GN/GVN Questionnaire, two signed faculty reference letters in sealed envelope, and college transcripts should be mailed to:
UMC Health System
Nursing Recruitment Department
ATTN: Lindsey Rangel MSN, RN, CHCR
602 Indiana Ave.
Lubbock, Texas 79415