UMC offers GN and GVN employment three times per calendar year (January, June, and September) and the application and hiring process begins 12 to 16 weeks prior to these start dates.
Applications will open in February for May graduates, June for August graduates, and October for December graduates.
All required GN and GVN application documents must be received in the Nursing Recruitment office before you will be considered for future employment.
To apply for GN or GVN positions, these things need to be done in this order:
- Complete UMC Online Application at umchealthsystem.com
- Upload resume with on-line application
- Complete GN/GVN Questionnaire – this needs to be typed please for legibility
- Submit two Clinical Instructor Evaluation Forms. Each form should be completed by Nursing Faculty and placed in a sealed envelope with the Nursing Faculty’s signature across the seal.
- Submit current college transcript (Unofficial transcript must have student name, courses completed, and cumulative GPA listed)
- Submit your most recent ATI, Kaplan, or HESI Adult Medical Surgical Performance Profile Results
The completed (typed) GN/GVN Questionnaire, two signed faculty reference letters in sealed envelope, and college transcripts should be mailed to:
UMC Health System
Nursing Recruitment Department
ATTN: Lindsey Rangel MSN, RN
602 Indiana Ave.
Lubbock, Texas 79415