UMC Health System is always looking for driven respiratory therapists to join our team. As the premier teaching hospital of the region with cutting-edge technology, many wonderful opportunities await at UMC!
We implement best practice with the use of our “therapist driven protocols” to evaluate, treat, educate and monitor patients while working in a variety of settings. Respiratory therapists at UMC are also part of a multidisciplinary team that encompasses physicians, nurses, pharmacists, physical therapists, speech therapists, dietitians, social services and more!
UMC respiratory therapists provide patient care in both inpatient and outpatient settings throughout the hospital utilizing state-of-the-art equipment such as:
- Hamilton ventilators
- 3100A/3100B high-frequency oscillatory ventilators
- The MetaNeb system
- Aerogen Nebulizers
UMC Health System, Lubbock, TX
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- 500+ patient beds
- Treat over 400,000 patients annually
- 23 UMC regional health centers
- Primary teaching hospital for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- Consistently awarded Best Company to work for in Texas by Texas Monthly Magazine
- Ranked among the top 10% in the nation for patient satisfaction by HealthGrades
- Centers of Excellence: Level 1 Trauma Center, Regional Burn Center, Southwest Cancer Center, Family Birth Center, UMC Heart Center & UMC Children’s Hospital
- Certified Baby-Friendly® Hospital by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc
The UMC Difference
We know UMC would be nothing without our employees! That’s why in addition to offering competitive wages, benefits, etc, we also offer continuing education benefits, mentor support to new hires and employee appreciation initiatives.
Behind the Badge
We like to recognize the person behind the [UMC] badge and offer employee replenishment to keep your work life fresh, with the least amount of stress. Throughout the year, we offer employees multiple outlets to seek replenishment. From in-house massages to soothing music and more! Working at UMC is like coming home to family.
Continuing Education Benefits
The UMC Respiratory Therapy Department is always learning. We have two clinical educators in the department –one specializing in neonatal-pediatric patients and one specializing in adult patient populations. Additionally, free CEUs are offered by our educators and outside clinical specialists. This allows our respiratory therapists to keep up with current best practices and new technology.
Respiratory Mentoring Program
The respiratory mentoring program supplements clinical orientation by providing a mechanism to assist the new employee as they adjust and transition from a respiratory student to the RRT role.
Participation in the Mentoring Program is required for all new graduates, and the newly employed graduate will have the opportunity to select their mentor during their orientation week. Once the mentor match has been completed, the respiratory mentor will meet with the new employee monthly during the first 1-7 months of employment.
*This program is considered optional for experienced therapists.
The Mentor Program provides the new employee or “mentee” the opportunity to:
- Seek advice and guidance from your mentor regarding professional development
- Continuous learning
- Share needs and goals with your mentor
- Actively listen to mentor and ask questions to clarify understanding
- Gain knowledge of various UMC programs to assist the with professional development
- Assist the new employee with integration into UMC culture by means of knowledge and social skills
- Commit to the goals, values and vision of the organization