Passion is a word we use a lot at UMC. Our culture is called Service is our Passion and our Brand Promise – our message outward is – Our Passion is You! Passionate people are compelled to action by strong emotions and feelings.
What better way to describe you, the employees of TeamUMC. For 21 months, you have passionately moved mountains to care for patients, to care for each other, and to a large degree for the entire community. You passionately care and give and support – because you are compelled to do so. I, and your entire Admin Staff, are very proud of you. Be encouraged by all that you have done.
UMC is passionate about you… your strength, your health, and most of all your joy in work – meaningful work. So UMC is compelled to act, to support our employees.
The cloud of COVID is heavy, and your emotional wellbeing is a priority. To lift you up, UMC has:
- Created the Tranquility Room as a safe place to de-stress, and it is being used
- Initiated Pet Therapy with the addition of Sable
- Increased EAP counseling sessions from 8 to 12 for employees and families
- Placed a counselor onsite to round on units and counsel employees in need
- And added fully reimbursable telepsychiatry sessions for our staff
UMC has been blessed because of your passionate work and has invested in you. We have:
- Paid an annual Retention Bonus to ALL employees
- Created RxPerks, our MTM clinic, that has provided > $200,000 in Rx savings to employees
- Added to your PTO bank for your Birthday, 8 hours for full-time, 4 for part-time
- Added Holiday Pay at time and a half for employees working on recognized holidays
- Paid another bonus, a 2021 Appreciation Bonus in gratitude to all employees
- And established Contract Pay for hard-hit positions throughout UMC
Lastly, UMC is expanding to meet a growing demand for your service, your skill, your passionate care.
- Our EC created the regions first 24/7 Urgent Care Clinic which is effectively staffed and led
- We will soon open our Family & Children’s Clinic on 98th & Frankford – featuring the state’s first drive thru clinic to meet the needs of our patients
- We will add ORs, convert the East Tower into the UMC Children’s Hospital, and start construction of our south campus hospital – because we are passionate about serving a growing need!
Thank you for speaking up in 2021. Your voice was heard, your leadership is grateful. What is special about UMC? I’ll tell you. Your passion is evident…and felt…and appreciated…by patients and each other. You have moved mountains this year. You are the reason UMC is the provider of choice and employer of choice.
Thank you in advance for your feedback. Please let me hear from you. Complete your Employee Engagement Survey February 7 – February 21. Please watch the video by following the link provided in the QR code.
In absolute gratitude to you, we remain Firm not Fearful,