The UMC Physicians Annual Employee Service Awards and Recognition Banquet was held at The Overton Conference Center on February 21, 2020. The theme was Casino Night. From all the comments we received both written and verbal it was a “fun evening” and the “best banquet ever”.
Glen Frick Executive Director, Reyes Jimenez – COO, Steven Maddux – CFO, and Rodney Cates hosted the event. Our DJ for the evening was Music to the Maxx. Some fabulous door prizes were donated. There was music and dancing, along with lots of dice being rolled and cards being played.
Recognizing our employees for their years of service and honoring our TRACK Stars and Star Providers is always a meaningful way to spend an evening. We also celebrated our annual award winners. Below are the winners and some of the comments that were expressed about them.
Congratulations to Our Award Winners!
Physician of the Year – Dr. Mario Pena
Sherri Stone said, “Dr. Pena’s passion is taking care of people. That is what drives him – getting up in the morning to take care of people. He’s caring, compassionate, and loved by his patients.”
Marcus Edge said, “He is a great doctor, person, friend and very deserving of this award.”
APP of the Year – Michelle Phillips, FNP-C
Sherri Stone describes Michelle as someone who has a passion for her patients and taking care of people, that she is the heart and soul of the clinic and her co-workers look to her for guidance professionally and personally as well.”
Clinic of the Year – UMC Southwest Family
Some comments from Employees on being named Clinic of the Year
- Everyone is happy to be here. I look forward to seeing the patients.
- It is definitely a positive atmosphere.
- It is the optimism that flows through and makes everyone have a cohesiveness that makes people want to stay together and work together.
- We want to create a warm environment, where everyone is happy, and that is what translates to the patients.
Department of the Year – Human Resources
Steven Maddux, CFO, said, “The members of the department live out the culture of service on a daily basis – to each other, to employees, to employees’ families and anyone else they have the privilege of encountering. What makes a company successful is the ability to get and keep the right employees. HR is full of the right employees and UMCP is better for it.”
Service Excellence Award – Terry Estrada
Some comments about Terry on receiving this award:
- Glen Frick, Executive Director says her job is to do everything, but she is still able to go above and beyond in helping everyone. She has an impact on the entire organization.
- Terry’s response to winning the award was, “Every day I try to make someone’s day better. This award means the world to me. I love what I do, coming here every day and it comes easy, because I’m doing what I love.”
Employee of the Year – Lisa Acosta (Employee Spotlight this Issue)