Due to supply shortages with our laboratory partner in Austin, UMC’s COVID-19 Drive-Up Screening is permanently closed. UMC will continue to serve its community by offering testing at the following UMC Clinics:
- UMC Urgent Care Center at KingsPark
- UMC I-27 Medical Center
- UMC Orchard Park Family Medicine
- UMC LakeRidge Medical Center
- UMC Milwaukee Family Medicine
- UMC West Wind Primary Health Center
- UMC Wolfforth Clinic
- UMC Garza County Health Clinic
- UMC Idalou Clinic
It is recommended to call ahead to make an appointment or to log into waitfromhome.com or the WaitFromHome app on the AppStore or GooglePlay. View contact information for these clinics here. Patients will not be turned away for lack of ability to pay.
If you have a Primary Care Provider, we advise calling their office to inquire about testing, first.
You may also find additional testing facilities on the City of Lubbock’s Health Department website ci.lubbock.tx.us/departments/health-department/about-us/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-helpful-resources
** Patients needing to be tested prior to procedures at UMC, please report to UMC Outpatient Surgery the day of the procedure.**
Questions? Ask our Virtual Assistant below!
Not feeling well? Please consider using the UMC Virtual Visit service on your smartphone, tablet or computer to connect with a UMC provider and receive specific care recommendations.
UMC is proud to be on the forefront of the fight against COVID-19. Because UMC is blessed with an army of employees providing hope and healing, we have accomplished much in this time, and we know we will be able to add much to this list when this crisis is over:
- The region’s first UMC COVID-19 Drive Through Screening Clinic, leading the charge in Lubbock, has screened more than 6,000 people.
- Another first: UMC COVID-19 Call Center (located in Urgent Care Center at UMC) is responding, informing, and helping many through anxious times.
- UMC Lab is the first to offer IgG COVID Antibody Test, free of charge, for UMC/UMCP employees and first responders on the front lines.
- The first in Lubbock to use convalescent plasma to treat COVID patients.
COVID-19 Testing at UMC Health System
UMC Health System, as well as UMC clinics, is offering COVID-19 & Antibody Testing. To access and request testing, please contact your primary care provider by phone. Or view a list of our clinics and call ahead to your clinic of choice.
If you believe your situation is emergent, please don't hesitate to visit the emergency room.
SARS-CoV-2 NP Swab -- Cash Price $90
SARS-CoV-2 IgG Antibody -- Cash Price $150