COVID may define 2020 across the world, but it does not, and will not, define UMC. It does, however, highlight your value to us and the community. When it appears COVID is all we have to think about think about our destination or our end goal, rather than the journey.
These are the big things we are working on to get to our destination: an ideal state.
- Our Emergency Medicine residency started at the beginning of this month.
- We now have our EZ-Care concierge phone line to facilitate access. Patients call to ask a Nurse Navigator questions they have about: finding a provider, making appointments, clarify instructions for an appointment or procedure, determine insurance coverage and more.
- Virtual Visits via MyTeamCareNOW offers both urgent visits and scheduled primary care visits.
- Our master expansion plan is coming into view to meet outpatient demand and fund inpatient growth:
- New UMC Breast Imaging Center
- Pedi Emergency Center
- Pediatric & primary care clinic (98th and Frankford)
- UMC Outpatient GI Center off of South Quaker
- South Plains Rehabilitation Hospital expansion
- Comprehensive Outpatient campus (southwest slide)
We have a great future together and are thankful to have you alongside us. Blessings to you and your family.