Visiting hours and regulations are available at the information desk on the main floor. General Hospital Visiting Hours are from 11AM to 9PM. If you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the unit.
Following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Please remember, children under 12 must be supervised by an adult, other than the patient, at all times.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- Food should not be brought into the hospital for patients without permission from the patient's physician or nurse.
- The hospital does not allow anyone to sleep on the floors in the waiting rooms, halls or lobbies.
- Visitors are expected to be non-disruptive.
- Visitors may not smoke anywhere in the hospital, except the designated outdoor smoking areas.
- Visitors must wear shirts and shoes.
The chapel is located on the first floor Main Lobby. Visitors of all faiths are welcome to visit the chapel for worship services, prayer and meditation. If you have special needs, contact the chaplain at 806.775.8672, or call the hospital operator by dialing "0" and ask to have the staff chaplain paged.
Mail service is provided through the help of volunteers. Mail is not delivered on Saturdays or Sundays, and mail received after your discharge will be forwarded to you at your billing address. A mailbox for outgoing mail is located across from the south elevators on each floor.
Flowers are delivered to rooms by volunteers. Please keep in mind that large plants and flowers are difficult to deliver and remove upon discharge.
The UMC Cafeteria is open every day from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. It is located on the second floor of the Texas Tech Health Sciences Center. To find your way, click here.
Accommodations for relatives and visitors from out-of-town are available at nearby motels. Contact Service Development at 806.775.8755 or view the map below.
For more detailed information:
View Hotels Near UMC in a larger map