We are so excited to announce that the UMC Breast Imaging Center has been awarded the American College of Radiology (ACR) Breast Imaging Center of Excellence accreditation!
In order to receive the ACR BIOCE designation, a center must be fully accredited in:
- Mammography by the ACR (or an FDA-approved state accrediting body)
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy by the ACR
- Breast Ultrasound by the ACR (including the Ultrasound-Guided Breast Biopsy module), and
- Breast MRI by the ACR
What does ACR designation mean?
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a rigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care.
- Our personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform medical imaging, interpret your images, and administer your radiation therapy treatments.
- Our equipment is appropriate for the test or treatment you will receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
YOU made this possible! We already knew it, but now we have proof that the UMC Breast Imaging Center meets the highest level of imaging quality and radiation safety.