Thank you for your trust in UMC. A strong and enduring partnership with Texas Tech Health Sciences Center means UMC is resolute to fulfill our mission, support educational and research pursuits, and improve healthcare across the board. As each partner grows, the other prospers.
Outcomes of Care
Outcomes are a necessary indication of the quality of care provided, and they are increasingly public via websites such as www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov.
- Top 20 for twelve years running: The Best Place to Work in Texas Award 2021
- Achieved Patient Experience Award 9th year (2012-2021) from Healthgrades and achieved the Outstanding Patient Experience Award (2017-2021)
- Achieved Women’s Choice Award as 1 of 100 best nationally for patient experience
- Magnet designated hospital — the 42nd facility in Texas and the first in West Texas
- Honored as the Designated Trauma Facility of the Year (2017) by the Texas Dept of State Health Services
- Recognized for Excellence in Patient and Employee Satisfaction by Press Ganey
- Growth in admissions, visits and transfers to UMC
- Baby Friendly Designation
- Certified VAD facility (ventricular assist device)
- Regional Burn Center Re-Verification
- Clinical Lab: CAP, CLIA & AABB Certifications
- EMS ranked in the top quartile of ambulance services nationally
- The Cancer Center has been formally recognized by the National Pancreatic Foundation, we are now 1 of 161 centers and the first DNV accredited site
Healthgrades rates UMC as Five-Star (its highest rating) for:
- Patient Safety Excellence
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gallbladder Removal Surgery (5 years in a row)
- Treatment of Pneumonia (2 years in a row)
- Repair of Abdominal Aorta (3 years in a row)
- Treatment of Pancreatitis
- Treatment of Sepsis (2 years in a row)
- Treatment of Respiratory Failure (2 years in a row)
- Treatment of Pulmonary Embolism
- Overall Bariatric Surgery
US News and World Report selected UMC as the Best Regional Hospital in Texas for the Panhandle Plains Region. There are just over 600 hospitals in Texas; US News and World Report ranked UMC #14 among all ranked hospitals.
Best Companies to Work for in Texas: Ranked #1 among large employers by the Best Companies Group.
Women’s Choice Award – America’s 100 Best Hospital for Patient Experience: Ranked among the best nationally by women consumers who report to WomenCertified.
Magnet Designation: UMC has joined the ranks of the top 7 percent of hospitals in the nation by earning Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. This recognizes us as providing the very best care and nursing excellence and is one of the highest achievements a hospital can attain.
These improvements indicate better quality for our patients, a better workplace for our staff and physicians, and a financially stronger health system. At UMC, Our Passion is You.