Welcome to the UMC Family Birth Center. We are happy to share in this exciting time with you!
We offer a drop in tour time of 5:30 pm every Tuesday, unless it’s a major holiday. If you would like to schedule a private tour please contact Melissa Perez at 806.775.8234.
We know that as family and friends, you are anxious to meet the new bundle of joy. However, to protect patient privacy and provide a healing environment, the following visiting rules are in place:
- The Family Birth Center and Family Care Unit are secure areas. All visitors must sign the Visitor Log at the front desk to get a visitor badge. Please make sure your badge is visible at all times. After 9AM to 9PM, all visitors are required to show a photo ID.
- Visiting is encouraged during normal visiting hours from 9AM to 9PM.
- “Siesta Time” is in place from 1:30PM – 3:00PM. “Siesta Time” is a quiet time designed to provide our delivery patients and new families the much needed rest and privacy they deserve throughout their stay. During this time, the unit’s lights are dimmed. Staff and visitors are asked to be sensitive to the noise level in both the patient’s room and the unit.
- For the privacy of all patients, visitors are limited to one person per patient in the Triage Area.
- Children under the age of 12 may not visit in the labor room unless they are siblings of the baby. All children must be with an adult, other than the patient, who can care for or leave with the children if needed.
- Please wash hands often and well with soap and water or use the alcohol hand-gel located in all rooms, especially before handling the baby.
- Visitors exposed to known infectious diseases or showing signs of illness (fever, cough, etc.) are asked not to visit.
- For the safety of our patients, latex balloons are not allowed.
- Please respect the request of unit nursing staff if they should occasionally have to ask you to limit numbers of visitors or times of visitation.